What Happened to Capitalism? (via “The rude guy”)
A neighbor of mine asked me what to tell his right wing friends who say socialists just want free handouts from the government.
I said: tell them the Big Banks just got over $7 trillion in handouts from the government and the Federal Reserve. At the current rate that equals about 100 years of handouts to the poor. Right now we have socialism for the rich and capitalism for the poor. When the poor make a mistake they suffer. When the rich make a mistake they get a government bailout.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on 05/07/2012 at 22:58 and is filed under Crisis, current events, Economy, Financial crisis, Government with tags Banks, capitalism, Socialism. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.